The present organ is a descendant of one built in 1824 by John Vincent. Rebuilt in 1885 by T. C. Lewis and following further rebuilds, the organ is now a four-manual instrument, with five keyboard divisions, Solo, Swell, Great, Choir and Bombarde. Its most dramatic feature is a strong fanfare trumpet en chamade – the Trompeta Real – which continues down to the Pedal Organ at 16-foot pitch, to provide a very solid foundation for the full organ. A versatile example of the romantic genre, the organ is suitable for playing any of the recitalist’s repertoire. A separate booklet giving details and the full specification is available at the back of the church. Organ Specifications at NPOR site.
Our organist and director of music is Oliver King, with Jeremy Allen as assistant organist.