• There is a Time of Silent Prayer at 10am on the first Thursday of each month. This takes place in the Parish Rooms and starts with a short reading and stilling exercise, followed by 20 minutes of silence and concluding with the Lord’s Prayer. There is also an evening meeting at 7.30pm on the fourth Thursday of the month in the Parish Rooms. See the Calendar for more information.
• The Julian Group. This meets on every second Tuesday of the month for a short reading, half an hour’s silent meditation / contemplation followed by discussion.
• Services of Corporate Prayer. Morning Prayer is held in the North Chapel on weekday and Saturday mornings. See the Calendar for more details.
• The Parish Prayer meeting takes place on the first Saturday of each month at 9am in the Parish Rooms and lasts for 30 minutes.
• There are a number of prayer ‘triplets’ – groups of three people who meet together for prayer at their own convenience to pray in whichever way is most helpful to them.
Contact us to find out more about any of these groups and events.
There are several small groups at St Mary’s that meet to study the Bible and to pray together through the year. We also hold regular courses for Lent and . If you’d like to join one of these groups, contact us to find out more and see our calendar or news page for details of Bible study events.
For people who are interested in exploring the Christian faith we offer a short course, Living Questions. The course is also suitable for adults who would like to be baptised or confirmed. Contact us if you are interested in taking the course.